Just got off of a Webex with Delphix support. They upgraded our Delphix server from version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124. It took about twenty minutes. Pretty nice compared to an Oracle database upgrade I think!
The only thing that took some time was that I had to be sure I had enough space. It looks like Delphix needs your disk space to be no more than 85% utilized to fully function. We ended up extending our four 1.5 terabyte luns to 1.9 TB each to give us space. Then I cleaned up some archive log space by running a snapsync on each source database to completion. Our system just needed a little TLC to get some space free again.
But, the upgrade itself, running the scripts and rebooting the server, took 20 minutes and was all done by Delphix support for no extra charge. Sweet.
Coming in the next release, upgrades will be faster *and* you’ll be able to execute them yourself.
That sounds good. I thought the process I just went through was already pretty painless, but it sounds like the next release should be even easier.
Thanks for your comment.
Pingback: Reviewing Delphix blog posts before OpenWorld | Bobby Durrett's DBA Blog